Tips, Strategies, and Guides
- Assignment Scaffolding and Strategies
- Errors and Expectations - A Guide for the Teacher of Basic Writing
- Responding to Student Writing
- Strategies to Help Students Respond to Academic Texts
- Teaching with Writing - Princeton Writing Program
- Tips for the Classroom Writing at Transitions
- What Faculty Teaching Writing Intensive Courses Need to Know about Multilingual Learners
CUNY Resolutions and Recommendations
Writing Across the Curriculum at the New Community College
The faculty and staff of The New Community College are committed to creating courses and assignments in the core curriculum and all programs of study that consistently engage students in diverse writing tasks. With Peter Elbow, we believe that writing can be a powerful learning tool if it is used consistently and intentionally in courses across the disciplines, rather than merely a means for demonstrating learning. With Mina Shaughnessy, we believe frequent and structured writing activities are essential for students who begin college underprepared for college-level work.
The materials here are borrowed from the Writing Across the Curriculum Resource Center on the CUNY Academic Commons and WAC websites at CUNY and other colleges. Over time, the collection will grow through contributions from faculty, graduate coordinators, and writing fellows.